The best car oil types
Engine is the heart of the vehicle and it requires decent care. Lubricant oil for car needs to be checked and changed regularly. It is also important to buy only good oil for car. If you use bad vehicle lubricant, your engine will not function properly. Buy high-quality oil to ensure maximum performance of you car. In order to choose the right oil, drivers have to understand the difference between different types of lubricants and their features.
Viscosity of car oil
The main characteristic of car oil is viscosity. Viscosity is the fluids resistance to flow. Manufacturers usually suggest two or more motor oil viscosities such as 5W-20 or 5W-30. The explanation for this is simple: engines often need a different viscosity based on operating condition. Within the engine oil world, viscosity is notated with the common "XW-XX." The number preceding the "W" rates the oil's flow at 0 degrees Fahrenheit. The "W" stands for winter, not weight as many people think. The lower the number here, the less it thickens in the cold. 5W-30 viscosity engine oil thickens less in the cold than a 10W-30, but more than a 0W-30. An engine in a colder climate, where motor oil tends to thicken because of lower temperatures, would benefit from 0W or 5W viscosity.
Car oil comparison
- Premium conventional oil. This is a typical oil that goes in new cars. It is available in common viscosities. Car manufacturers recommend 5W-20 or 5W-30 oil, though some need 10W-30.
- Synthetic blend oil. This is premium conventional oil with some blend of synthetic. This oil ensures better protection of engine associated with higher temperatures. This oil is frequently bought by owners of SUVs because it offers good protection during off-road driving.
- High mileage oil. Most cars that you see on the roads have run more than 80 miles. This type of oil has seal conditioners that increase performance of engine and protects it.
- Conventional oil. Conventional oil is the cheapest and most widely used oil this is a good choice for those, who frequently changes oil and have low-mile engines.
- Full synthetic oil. Synthetic oil is more expensive than conventional oil and it does not suit any engine. This type of oil is used for high-tech engines. Full synthetic oil has superior and long-lasting performance and protects the engine from overheating. If you are considering synthetic oil, check manufacturer manual to see whether it suits your car engine.
Reasons to buy car oil online
Lubricant oil for car can be bought in any automobile shop but if you are looking for convenience and better offer, shop in online stores. Compare car oil prices to see tremendous difference in prices. Online shops offer a wide range of oil brands and excellent prices. All products are original and guarantee excellent performance of vehicle engine. Abundant choice of brands sometimes makes it difficult to choose. Car oil selector helps find oils with needed viscosity, which is very convenient. Car oil finder also helps find various discounts and car oil deals available on the internet.